Endometriosis & Fertility Specialist
Ceana Nezhat, MD is a world‐renowned gynecological surgeon and medical director of Nezhat Medical Center in Atlanta, which specializes in minimally invasive surgical treatment of severe and multi‐organ endometriosis, infertility, and urologic and pelvic reconstruction. He has developed techniques and refined instrumentation for minimally invasive surgery for the benefit of patients globally.
The practice is devoted to providing excellent care and service. Dr. Nezhat offers patients decades of gynecological expertise, both surgically, as well as the management and treatment of hormone therapy and reproductive medicine. Dr. Nezhat has treated thousands of patients with a variety of pelvic disorders. Endometriosis is one of his special interests. He advocates its early detection and treatment by educating primary caregivers of young women the signs and symptoms of this debilitating disease.
Dr. Nezhat’s innovative research and educational outreach have earned him prestigious honors and recognition from independent medical associations internationally. He is widely sought for teaching and lecturing, and has conducted numerous courses on laparoscopic surgery in the U.S. and abroad. Dr. Nezhat has coauthored several textbooks and over 100 book chapters and articles. He is a member of many distinguished societies, reviewer for several academic journals, and advisor to teaching organizations.
“It is my goal to provide patients with the highest level of gynecologic care tailored to their overall health needs and care. I believe it is important to treat every aspect of women’s health and address the physical, mental and social effects. Patient education is a vital part of my practice. I value the doctor‐patient relationship and aim to establish a relationship based on trust, compassion and understanding. Quality patient care is a team effort and it is my goal to provide patients with a superior level of care.” – Dr. Nezhat
Achievements & Distinctions
- Medical Director, Nezhat Medical Center
- Director of Training and Education, Northside Hospital
- Fellow, American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (FACOG)
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Adjunct Clinical Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Emory University School of Medicine
- Founder and Symposium Chair, World Symposium on Endometriosis
- 2015-2016, President, Society of Reproductive Surgeons (SRS)
- 2013‐14, President, AAGL (American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists)
- 2009‐11, Chairman, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Northside Hospital